Description & Ingredients
½ green or curly cabbage
3 pairs of Montbéliard sausages or 3 Philippe Wagner Morteau sausages
1 poultry broth
1 pinch of pepper
1 pinch of salt but optional
1 sprig of thyme
2 bay leaves
1 dash of olive oil
A good dish that allows you to eat vegetables flavored with Morteau or Montbéliard IGP sausages
- In a large, thick-bottomed casserole dish, melt the chopped onions in a little fat (olive oil, for example).
- Peel and chop carrots, potatoes and turnips and sauté with onions over medium heat.
- Slice the leeks and cabbage into strips and add them. Mix everything together.
- Melt the chicken stock in a glass of very hot water, pour it into the casserole dish and add another glass of water.
- Add pepper, thyme and bay leaf. Cover and let cook over very low heat.
- Halfway through cooking, add the sausages, either pricked or cut into large pieces.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours or 2 hours if the heat is very low.
Check that there is still some water in the pot.
Enjoy your meal!
Tip: You can replace some of the sausages with Philippe WAGNER country bacon or a Philippe WAGNER smoked palette. The nice portion of various vegetables makes it easy for children to eat!
You can serve your potée with warmed cancoillotte for a very complete dish !